What are Hypes?
Hypes are tokens which act as a unique virtual currency on Hyprr. 1 Hype is equivalent to 1 USD. You can add Hypes to your wallet and use them to tip your favourite creators, pay for premium content or purchase digital artwork known as NFTs. As a creator you can earn Hypes for your own content and digital artwork. Whilst Hypes are not a cryptocurrency, you can convert Hypes into your local currency such as the US Dollar, the Euro or the Pound Sterling using a third party payment processor.
What can you use Hypes for?
Hypes can be used to tip your favourite creator’s posts, unlock premium content or purchase digital artwork known as NFTs.
What is my wallet?
In order to buy Hypes you need to set up a wallet. Your wallet is linked to your Hyprr account and Hypes will be automatically deducted from your wallet when you choose to tip or pay creators or purchase an NFT.
How do I create a wallet?
In order to buy Hypes to use on the Hyprr platform, you need to set up a wallet. Make sure you have somewhere to make notes, as during the wallet creation process you will be given a "seed word phrase" consisting of 12 secret words which you will need to remember along with their corresponding number in the sequence. This is an important security feature used in Blockchain technology. You will need this seed phrase to access your wallet on new devices or in case you should ever forget your pin.
- To begin, select your profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select the Hyprr logo in the top right corner.
- Select 'Let's Start' to create your Hyprr wallet.
- You will be given a seed phrase which consists of 12 random words listed in a specific order. It is important to save these words somewhere safe alongside their corresponding position in the 12-word chain. Tick the boxes to confirm you understand the security features of the seed phrase and select 'Proceed'.
- Take the 'Seed Phrase Test' by entering the three words requested from your secret word phrase in the correct order. For example the test may ask for words 4, 7 and 10 from your seed phrase. Select 'Proceed'.
- Next create 'Your PIN'. Choose a four digit PIN for your wallet which you can remember. Click 'Proceed'.
- Congratulations! Your wallet is now set up.
Once your wallet is set up you can add Hypes to your wallet. For more information on how to buy Hypes please click here.
How do I buy Hypes?
Once you have set up your wallet you can buy Hypes. If you haven't yet set up your wallet then click here.
To add Hypes to your account, you first have to access your wallet.
- Go to your Profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Press on the Hyprr logo on the top right to enter your wallet.
- Select “Buy Hypes’ and enter the number of Hypes you wish to purchase. 1 Hype is the equivalent of 1 USD.
- Confirm the amount of Hypes you wish to purchase and follow the Apple Pay / Google Pay instructions to complete the transaction.
- You will be notified that the transaction was successful. Click 'Ok' to return to your wallet where your Hypes will be waiting for you to use.
- The Apple / Google Pay prices include any fees set by the payment provider. Hyprr only receives $1 for each Hype purchased. Please note that purchasing Hypes on your web browser using Stripe may offer more competitive fees.
I've forgotten my wallet pin. How do I reset it?
You can reset your pin by accessing your wallet on a web browser.
Why should I tip creators?
Tipping is the best way to show support to creators. It tells them what kind of content people like and incentivises them to post more of it.
How do I tip creators?
If a user has invited tips on their post, you will notice a circular tip icon in the top right corner of the post when you are scrolling through Discover. You will only be able to tip once you have set up your wallet. For more on how to set up your wallet click here. Select the content you wish to tip and press the Hyprr tip icon on the post. Select the amount you wish to tip and press "Tip".
How do I pay for content?
Creators will sometimes post premium content that you have to pay Hypes to unlock. Paywalled content will appear blurred so you cannot view it until you have paid the requested Hype price displayed. You will only be able to pay for content once you have set up your wallet. For more on how to set up you wallet click here. When accessing a paid post, press the Hype symbol and follow the instructions to confirm the payment. The relevant number of Hypes will then be deducted from your wallet. If you do not have enough Hypes available in your wallet to make the payment you will need to add Hypes to your wallet. For more information on buying Hypes please click here. Remember, any paid content should have a clear and concise description and preferably be from creators you like.
How do I earn Hypes?
Creators have the choice to provide free content, invite tips or to set their own paid access fees to their premium content. You will only be able to receive tips or post paid for content once you have set up your wallet. For more on how to set up your wallet click here. Every time you create a post, you will be given the option to invite tips or to have your content behind a paywall. When setting up a paywall, you decide the amount of Hypes that you want to receive to provide access to your content. We suggest you provide a detailed description and preview of any paywall content to encourage your fans to make the purchase.
Where do I receive Hypes that have been paid to me?
Any Hypes that you have earned will be sent to your wallet. You can use Hypes stored in your wallet to tip and access premium content on Hyprr. Alternatively, you may choose to "cash out" your Hypes in your wallet to convert them into your local currency.